Monday 3 August 2015

Made by Me | Polka Dot Midi Skirt









Just a quick post today to share with you this gorgeous polka dot midi skirt I made the other day for my friend, Rosie.

I found this soft tulle like fabric with black velvet polka dots on at my local mill shop and couldn't wait to make something with it. I bought some cheap but soft cotton to go underneath so it wouldn't be see through. 

I made it using a similar technique as I did for my Summer Stripe Skirt, see it here...
The only difference is I inserted an elasticated waist band instead of a zip.

Elasticated waist bands are a little fiddly to insert but worth it in the end, this one added even more pleats to the skirt so it looked fab! I also made this skirt a little longer ( 27'') so the hem fell just below Rosie's knee.

I think it looks very vintage and suits Rosie perfectly!



Anna x

 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig